GasWeek Dinner Debate: Lowering Transport Emissions– The role of gas vehicles in the EU mix
By 18 November, Member States have to present their National Policy Frameworks to implement Directive 94/2014/EU on deployment of alternative fuels infrastructure. Several important transport initiatives will follow in 2017, including measures proposed by the strategy on decarbonisation of the transport sector, or the revision of the Renewable Energy Directive, where natural gas, synthetic natural gas (SNG) and biomethane can play an important role.
In light of the current policy context, key discussion points at the event will include solutions offered by CNG and LNG vehicles, the potential role of renewable gas, current CO2 legislation, and steps forward for natural gas vehicle mobility.
- Sorin Moisa MEP (S&D, RO)
- Massimiliano Salini MEP (EPP, IT)
- Gerhard Holtmeier, President, NGVA Europe
- David Carroll, President, International Gas Union (IGU)
- François-Régis Mouton, Chairman, GasNaturally
- Moderator: Matthias Maedge, Secretary General, NGVA Europe