GasWeek Breakfast Debate: Urban air quality – an urgent issue
MEPs Adina-Ioana Valean (RO, EPP), Julie Girling (UK, ECR), GasNaturally and the International Gas Union kindly invite you to a breakfast debate in Strasbourg on 23 November (08.00-09.00) around the role that gas can play in improving urban Air Quality.
In the aftermath of COP22 and ahead of the European Parliament’s debate on the National Emission Ceilings Directive report, this breakfast discussion will put special emphasis on the global challenge of urban air quality, current solutions being trialled in European cities, and the way gas can help reduce emissions of both GHG and pollutants.
The International Gas Union (IGU) will present the findings of its latest Urban Air Quality report, taking a closer look at the air quality strategies put in place in the cities of Dublin, Berlin and Krakow. The report will also touch upon the way gas helps reduce emissions in the maritime sector. Until the 2016 report is launched, you can view the 2015 edition here.
- MEP Adina-Ioana Valean (EPP, RO), Vice-President of the European Parliament
- MEP Julie Girling (ECR, UK), rapporteur on the NEC Directive report
- Mel Ydreos, Executive Director, Public Affairs, IGU
- Timur Gül, Senior Analyst, International Energy Agency
- Martin Lutz, Berlin Senate Department for Urban Development and Environment
- Moderator: François-Régis Mouton, Chairman, GasNaturally
Please register before 18 November at email@example.com